Printing Services, with its Copyright Clearance Unit, and in partnership with the University Bookstore, is uniquely qualified to manage the production of course manuals.
York University is a leader in the field of course kit or manual production. This service has been in place and has evolved over the last decade, and has grown to be able to produce unique materials rich in relevant and timely cases and articles in printed form. Due to the volumes of work, York has developed its own database methods for copyright clearances to replace manual systems still used in smaller settings.
Our group can facilitate the publication of a course kit by:
- Obtaining copyright clearances, maintaining records on clearances and accounting for payments to rights holders
- Pre-flight checks of supplied digital files, to ensure they will print as expected
- Assigning ISBN numbers
- Creating tables of contents, title pages and final pagination
- Printing, binding and delivery of course materials
Scanning and Document Management
Our team uses:
- Colour and Black and White high speed printers
- Inline punching and off line GBC USP 13 automatic high speed cerlox punch
- Perfect binding or 3 ring binder preparation
- Tabs for binders
We reproduce in excess of 30 million pages each year for the York community.
To order a course kit, visit our Copyright Clearance Centre.